Friday, March 21, 2008

Google Maps: Virtually Real!!

These days I am on a job hunt. Looking for a job in US. I posted my resume on a few sites. I got a response from a recruiting agency. I was curious about where that agency is located. And i turned to my favorite maps.google.com for help. I put in the address and searched. As usual it showed me the map and the location. But soon my eyes caught the "Street View" option besides traffic. I just clicked it and to my surprise i was seeing the actual 3D view of the street as if i am navigating the street. You can turn left, right, 360, walk further, see the cars. Its so virtually real. My next destination was Googleplex, Mountain View, CA. And you can see the google campus from ground zero. Amazing.. But wait!! They haven't done it for all cities yet. San Francisco is the first one i guess. Though this feature may have been there for sometime now, but i am truly amazed and my jaws fell when i saw it for the first time today.
Some places you can try:-
Ghirardeli (Chocolates) - Ghirardelli Square, 900 North Point St, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States
Golden Gate Bridge(as if you are walking the bridge sans the traffic and breeze:( ) - Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States
Ferry Building(the famous American Express building) - 1 Ferry Bldg, San Francisco, CA



No comments: